Part 7 – A Kid’s Perspective, Special Advice From Payton & Ellie
So I’ve given you a ton of advice, but if you are heading to The Land with your kids it might be helpful to hear from a kid. Or two. My kiddos have been to Disneyland a few times and they’ve been chomping at the bit to give their own advice. Here is what they have to say about taking your family to Disneyland..
Times to Disneyland: 3
- Go to every land in the parks. They are all really fun.
- Go on Space Mountain. It is awesome!
- If you are a girl you should go to Princess Fantasy Faire.
- If you are a boy you should go to Toy Story Mania!
- You should see the Electrical Parade in the night. It is really fun. Tinkerbell is there…and the seven dwarfs. There are lots of things in the parade! (This has actually moved to Walt Disney World in Florida, but Ellie was adamant about me typing her every word. Even if it is no longer relevant.)
- If you want to, you should go on The Tower of Terror. You might not want to, but you might want to because it goes up and you can look out the window then it drops down when you don’t even know it is going to. You might scream, but I didn’t.
- All girls should meet the Fairy Godmother. It really looks like her. She has her wand and everything.
- You should meet all the characters from Mickey Mouse. They might sign a book or something. Then you can remember them for the rest of your life.
- You should go to Tiana’s parade. You might get picked to go up on the stage like I did.
- The food is really good.
- You should meet the villains from the movies. Once I met Snow White and then I met the Evil Queen and they looked exactly like the movie.
- And you should totally put your hands up on the rides.
- You should meet Jessie and Woody. They will put their arms around you and let you take a picture.
- You should meet Buzz. My brother did. It was really fun for him.
- You should wear shorts, a t-shirt, tennis shoes, sunglasses and a ponytail because it’s really hot.
Times to Disneyland: 3
- First go on Splash Mountain because it makes you ready for all the other rides because it has an almost straight down drop.
- Another good ride is Goofy’s Sky School. It’s full of twists and turns and downs and ups.
- If you have a teenager, go on California Screamin’ with him or her. There are upside-down loops and for teenagers that’s really fun.
- If you like Star Wars you really should go to Jedi Training Academy in Tomorrowland because you get to fight with Darth Vader or Darth Maul.
- If your little sister wants to go meet or play with Princess characters, go to the Indiana Jones ride in Adventureland while she does it.
- Only some of the food is good, like the bakery and the ice cream shop.
- On the Fun Wheel some of the carts swing side to side on the Ferris Wheel. You can make them swing to the middle of the wheel by the Mickey face. It seems like you are going to fall off but you actually don’t.
- If you want to get an autograph from a character, bring a notebook for them to sign.
- If you are going in the summer, spring or maybe fall, wear shorts and a t-shirt.
Thanks for listening to all of our advice…and our mommy’s advice. We hope you have a fun time at Disneyland, just like we did. One more thing to remember, making silly faces always makes things more fun!